Shiri Appleby as Debbie
Directed by Mars Callahan|
Produced by George Bours
Written by Mars Callahan
Distributed by Big Sky Motion Pictures
Release date March 23, 2007
The official movie site.
Internet Movie Database
Full cast list and additional details.
David Alpay as Woody Monroe
“What Love Is”, is a sincere, insightful and unapologetically frank romantic comedy about a man who finds out, during the course of one very important night in his life, what love truly is.The story opens on Tom Riley as he nervously has one drink at his neighborhood bar in order to steady himself before he heads home to ask his long-time girlfriend, Sara, if she will marry him. It’s Valentine’s Day and he’s got the ring, he’s got the flowers and now that he has his one drink, he’s got the courage. He tells his group of best friends at the bar to meet him at his house for a surprise celebration in half an hour then he grabs a bottle of champagne and heads home.
Quotes by her Character
Debbie: Kate said he’s got a cock the size of Florida.
Debbie: You know, how a man, if he has sex with hundred women, he’s considering a stud? A woman sleeps with 10 guys she’s considering a whore.
Debbie: I don’t know Laura. Is it lying not to tell a man about fucking the Raiders if it makes him feel better about marrying you?
Debbie: Is it me, or is everybody else on this planet, just absolutely crazy?
Trivia and Fun Facts
- World Premiere: HBO US Comedy Arts Festival on March 8th, 2006.
- Director (Mars Callahan) has to shoot the entire feature film in one week.
- Inspired by the film: Howards Hawks’ “His Girl Friday”.
- Schedule conflict: The film company and crew could not have had Shiri and Cuba for their shared scene on the set for the same time. So they shot Shiri one night and the next day they shot Cuba. Shiri was in New York at the time.
- Download the production notes here.